|Airdate:||January 22, 2014|
|Running time:||11:13 (minutes)|
|Produced by:|| Aaron Horvath|
|Written by:||James Krieg|
|Directed by:||Scott O'Brien|
The Titans arrive at Jump City in order to do battle with the H.I.V.E. Five who are loitering in a no loitering zone. Sickened by this act, Robin, Beast Boy, and Starfire express their interest for combat with the latter striking first. Starfire begins to shoot a starbolt at Mammoth, but notices that Robin is repeatedly smashing Gizmo's face with his staff. Raven uses her soul-self to slam Jinx against the street and throws her, sickening Starfire. Beast Boy and Cyborg repeatedly punch Billy Numerous and See-More as Robin stuffs Gizmo into the trash claiming that their jobs as heroes require violence in order to teach the villains a lesson. Starfire counters that the H.I.V.E. never seem to learn their lesson prompting Cyborg to think that it's due to a lack of missiles and shoots one at each of the H.I.V.E.'s faces, creating an explosion.
Returning to the Tower, Beast Boy, Cyborg, and Robin compliment their violence against the H.I.V.E. and mock their reactions upsetting Starfire. She pleads for them to stop as violence shouldn't be allowed in their home. Cyborg reassures her otherwise and asks the Titans if they want pizza. Menacingly, Cyborg chops the pizza with a saw while Robin, Raven, and Beast Boy aggressively consume their slices, scaring Starfire. She proposes that the Titans stop using violence in combat but Robin, Beast Boy, and Cyborg refuse. Having no other choice, Starfire uses her puppy dog eyes on them entrancing Beast Boy, Cyborg, and Raven as Robin quickly flees the scene to avoid being a victim.
While playing Bubble Bots, Beast Boy throws a bag of tofu chips at Cyborg in order to distract him and beat the high score. Angered, Cyborg shoves Beast Boy and the two begin to battle. Starfire arrives and has them play Puppy Tummy Tickles to avoid aggression and they reluctantly agree. However, upon seeing the puppy get tummy tickled, Beast Boy and Cyborg become enchanted by the game's cuteness. At the living room, Starfire informs a meditating Raven that she can't find inner peace due to the position of her fingers. To prove her point, Starfire has Raven look through a magnifying glass which reveals the skin cells in agony. Upon readjusting her fingers, Raven transforms into a white version of herself. In the bathroom, Robin notices a spider and begins to attack it, but Starfire intervenes, insisting that violence is not the answer. Robin falls victim to her puppy dog eyes and apologizes to the spider. It, however, bites him and Robin fears that the venom would soon kill him. Starfire states that the spider is too small to cause injury but notices Robin's swelling. However, the venom injects the idea of compassion within Robin and he agrees that the Titans should stop being violent.
The Titans gather for a harmonious picnic on the lawn when they're alerted to crime in Jump City which Starfire sees as the perfect chance to prove peace can be achieved without violence. Upon arriving, the Titans spot the H.I.V.E. once again loitering in a no loitering zone. Angered from their earlier battle, the H.I.V.E. ruthlessly attack the Titans as they attempt to talk about compassion and wisdom. Starfire thinks that peace is getting through to them but Gizmo fires missiles to their faces. Starfire begins to fear that violence may be the only answer as Robin suggests to use their weapons. He twirls his staff, but gives Jinx and Gizmo flowers instead of attacking. Cyborg shoots puppies at Billy Numerous and See-More as Beast Boy transforms into a bunny and hugs Mammoth. Raven uses her powers to have the H.I.V.E. accept peace and nonviolence as they have done. Delighted by the outcome, Starfire begins to sing a song about peace and love as the rest of the Titans and the H.I.V.E. Five sing along with her.
|Greg Cipes||Beast Boy|
Episode Running Gag
- The puppy eyes being shown.
- There is a Niteowl poster in the Game Room
Beast Boy's Animal Transformations
- Octopus: To help Cyborg in combat
- Gorilla: To remake the combat scene
- Wolf: To Act like an evil menace with the other Titans excluding Starfire when they are about to eat pizza.
- Monkey: Fights with Cyborg
- Bunny: To let Mammoth hug him
- The Titans show their aggression by violently eating pizza.
- Beast Boy threw a bag of tofu chips at Cyborg in order to cheat at a video game.
- Raven was drinking tea at the Titan's gathering in the yard.
- Beast Boy and Billy Numerous eat cake while Starfire sings.
- The episode was named after breakfast cheese, which was briefly mentioned at the end of Starfire's song.
- Silkie is absent for the thirteenth time. ("Pie Bros", "The Date", "Ghostboy", "Gorilla", "Girl's Night Out", "Tower Power", "The Left Leg", "Lazy Sunday", "Power Moves", "Staring at the Future", "No Power", "Sidekick")
- When Cyborg was menacingly cutting the pepperoni pizza with a saw, Beast Boy ate it, despite being a vegetarian. However, this is because Beast Boy Turned into a wolf.
|The Image Gallery for Breakfast Cheese may be viewed here.|
|Season one episodes|
#01 "Legendary Sandwich"
#14 "You're Fired!"
#40 "Be Mine"