|Image gallery (9)|
Feeling the other Titans depend too much on their super powers, Robin challenges them to go 24 hours without using their powers. To his distress, they all succeed, leading him to question his own value to the team.
Robin reveals to the other Titans that he has constructed an obstacle course to test their skills and heighten them in the process which they respond to with no enthusiasm. Jumping onto the couch, Robin presses a button that harnesses the Titans while the couch falls down a chute and onto the obstacle course. Robin instantly begins by jumping over a wall, and mocks the others for being scared. Ann and Raven agree to start and crosses the entire course by entering and exiting a portal, proclaiming themselves to be finished. As Robin dodges bursts of fire, Beast Boy transforms into a bird and flies through the entire course, finishing by landing on Raven's head. Robin dodges pillars as Starfire destroys every obstacle with an eye blast, completing the course. Pleading to live, Robin runs through a maze of spikes as Cyborg uses a jetpack to land on the other side, asking if they could leave. Robin dodges circular saws and pillars of fire as he asks what was he thinking while constructing the course when a wooden pillar slams into him.
Beast Boy scolds Robin for taking too long, causing him to realize that the Titans had used their powers to evade the course. He claims that the Titans have cheated for completing the course with their powers when Raven reminds him that superheroes are supposed to use their superpowers. Robin states the course was designed to test reflexes and the ability to think when in danger. Beast Boy tells him he doesn't need to think when he can just turn into a bird. Robin accuses the other Titans that they have gotten lazy by relying too much on their powers and bets that they couldn't go one day without using them. Cyborg rebuffs the statement, but Robin goads that whoever doesn't use their powers for a whole day will become the new leader of the Teen Titans. Beast Boy expresses interest in becoming leader causing Cyborg to set his timer for twenty-four hours. However, Robin reminds him that he's using his powers making Cyborg start the one day period with a timer instead.
Beast Boy and Cyborg rush to the fridge in order to eat lunch where Beast Boy attempts to open a pickle jar but fails. He resorts to using the strength of his gorilla transformation until Robin reminds him that he's using his superpowers. Countered, Beast Boy transforms back into a human and licks the jar sadly while Cyborg mocks him before heading to heat up a burrito. However, he decides to heat up the burrito with a lighter until Robin arrives to remind him of the bet. Raven attempts to walk into the room, but notes that her feet are exhausted from walking. Both Ann and Raven begin to fly until Robin knocks them down, squashing several dancing flies. Starfire walks to the fridge and announces that she will be in her room, eating mustard. On the way to her room, she uses her eyebeams to cut a hole through the door revealing Robin who reminds her that she is using powers. Sadly, Starfire slowly walks to the door as Cyborg attempts to eat his frozen burrito.
The alarm begins to blare revealing that the H.I.V.E. Five are committing a crime. Cyborg decrees that the bet is stalled in order to combat them, but Robin reveals that they're either going to fight the H.I.V.E. without superpowers or forfeit the challenge. Beast Boy reluctantly obliges and the Titans rush into the elevator with Raven slowly walking behind them. Using the bus, the team arrive at the Jump City Bank where Robin goads the Titans into discovering what he has to do everyday. Using his grappling hook, Robin kicks Mammoth back. Beast Boy sadly asks how can he defeat a villain when he is unable to open a pickle jar. Starfire observes Robin and theorizes that he uses common day objects to help him defeat villains causing Raven to wonder if they could do the same.
Cyborg grabs a mailbox, Starfire chooses a stick, Ann snatches a lighter and a box of matches, Raven raises her walker, and Beast Boy grabs an angry kitten as Jinx, Gizmo, Billy Numerous, and See-More watch in confusion. Cyborg uses the mailbox to slam Gizmo down while Starfire repeatedly pokes Jinx in the eye. Ann lights the three on fire so Raven can slam her walker on Billy Numerous. WRAnd finally, Beast Boy's cat attacks See-More's eye causing the villain to knock Mammoth down. Shocked and distraught, Robin asks if the Titans now know how hard it is to fight supervillans without powers, but Beast Boy replies that it isn't hard at all.
Back at Titans Tower, Beast Boy uses the cat to open his pickle jar while Cyborg has Ann light up a bonfire with her matches to replace the control panel to heat up his burrito. Starfire breaks the wall down by slamming the mailbox on it, allowing her and Raven, now on a segway, to cross without using the door. Angrily, Robin observes the Titans's actions as Raven expresses that she used to think he made a life with no powers easy but now knows that it is. Cyborg reminds him that in a few hours one of them will be the new Titan while Starfire remarks that Robin thought them they are as capable as him. Robin storms into the elevator and mutters that the Titans will see if they are as capable as him.
A computer replaces the control panel, showing a static image of Robin claiming to be tied up in the obstacle course which has been rigged to explode. Harnesses latch onto the Titans and drag them and the couch into the course. The Titans view Robin tied to a bomb as the dangers of the obstacle course prevent them from crossing. The computer appears next to the Titans with Starfire asking which villain trapped him. Robin refuses to answer claiming it isn't important and lists ways for the Titans to save him by using their powers. However, Cyborg reveals that the Titans will rescue him without relying on their superpowers and charge into the obstacle course.
Immediately, the four slam into a wall but Starfire, Cyborg, and Beast Boy manage to get through while Ann and Raven slam into the wall again. The four dodge several obstacles while Raven continues to collide with the wall. Cyborg dodges several pillars, but circular saws rip his arms apart. Noticing that the timer has shortened to twenty-six seconds, Robin begs for the Titans to use their powers. Raven attempts to near the wall, but watches as it follows her movements until she collides against it once more. Starfire attempts to run through the course but is attacked by lasers and fire which cuts her hair as Raven slams into the wall until she manages to get through but a pillar squashes her to the ground. Robin begs for Beast Boy to change into an animal but the shapeshifting Titan falls through a collapsible floor.
The timer reaches zero and several lasers aim at Robin exploding him in a flash of light. Dumbstruck, the Titans watch as Robin's head lands before them. The Titans begin to cry until Robin reveals himself, causing the others to realize that Robin had set up the bomb in order to get them to use their powers. Robin explains that he was bothered by the fact that the others could live without using their powers as it made him feel inferior to them. The Titans explain that Robin is special due to them needing him for guidance, motivation, inspiration, and leadership. Robin exclaims happily that he is their leader, but the others announce that he isn't anymore due to them winning the bet. Beast Boy exclaims that they're all the new leaders and attacks Robin with the word bra leaving him distraught.
For a full transcript of "No Power", click here.
Cast and characters
|Greg Cipes||Beast Boy|
- The fourth wall is broken when Robin grabs the word bra and forces Beast Boy to eat it only for him to spit it back out, and then attack him with it.
- This is the second time a word has been used to break the fourth wall ("Staring at the Future").
- The fourth wall is also broken when Robin winks at the audience when a sign advertising the show appears at his side.
- The sign states that the show airs on Tuesday nights due to it being the original airdate at the time of production.
- Second episode to have the word "Power" contained in it ("Power Moves").
- Running Gags: The word bra appearing as an object that can be touched. Raven trying to past a wall in the obstacle course only to slam into it.
- Deaths: Robin was believed to have been killed by the lasers and bombs strapped onto him. However, it was simply a robot.
- Food Content: Beast Boy couldn't open a pickle jar, and relied on a cat to do so. Cyborg attempted to heat up a frozen burrito, and later succeeded by burning it over a campfire.
- This episode aired with a rerun of "Matched".
- The missing Batman poster on the back of the milk carton is seen again ("Books").
- This is the third time that Starfire has her hair cut ("Legendary Sandwich", "Pie Bros").
- Cyborg's new found love for burritos is shown in this episode ("Burger vs. Burrito").
- The Riddler question mark appears over Robin's head ("Parasite", "Staff Meeting").
- This is the second time someone other than Robin has said, "Titans, Go!" as Starfire and Cyborg both said it and Beast Boy previously uttered the phrase in "Gorilla".
- As a result, Raven is the only Titan to have currently never said the catchphrase.
- Batman appears on the back of a milk carton.
- The Riddler's face appears on a question mark over Robin's head.
- Bud and Lou the Hyenas appear on the back of a take-out meal.
- Starfire is established to drink mustard in the Teen Titans episode, "The Sum of His Parts".
- When Robin bets the Titans they couldn't go a whole day without using their powers, he would turn them into the new leaders, Robin is showing words that say "Teen Titans Go! Tuesdays at 7:30/6:30C
- In "Matched", it is shown that Beast Boy gives up if unable to open a pickle jar. However, in this episode, he did not.
- Beast Boy leaves the pickle jar behind at the tower, but he is later seen holding it after Robin attacks Mammoth.
- Raven shouldn't have trouble standing since she was able to stand on her feet in "Meatball Party".
- When Raven sees Robin's death, she is levitating, thus failing to complete the bet.
- When Robin runs through the obstacle course, the purple-ish background does not move with him.
|The Image Gallery for No Power may be viewed here.|
|Season one episodes|
#01 "Legendary Sandwich"
#14 "You're Fired!"
#40 "Be Mine"