|Airdate:||February 19, 2014|
|Running time:||11:04 (minutes)|
|Produced by:|| Aaron Horvath|
|Written by:||Steve Borst|
|Directed by:||Scott O'Brien|
"Opposites" is the forty-first episode in the first season of Teen Titans Go! and the forty-first episode overall. It first aired on February 19th, 2014. This episode chronologically takes place before "Birds" and "Be Mine".
The H.I.V.E. Five rob the Jump City Bank and show off their powers and abilities as the Titans watch from the top of a nearby building. They all criticize the H.I.V.E. except Cyborg who stares longingly at Jinx. Beast Boy accuses Cyborg of having a crush on Jinx but the robot denies until Raven remarks that Cyborg always battles Jinx prompting Robin to taunt Cyborg into proving he doesn't have a crush by defeating her in battle. The Titans charge into battle with Robin battling Gizmo, Starfire blasting See-More, Beast Boy confronting Mammoth, and Raven facing Billy Numerous.
Cyborg sneaks up on Jinx, but she hexes him into slamming the ground much to his delight. The Titans continue their battle until Beast Boy tells Cyborg to take Jinx down, but he traps her in a monster bear hug where he sniffs her hair, making Jinx uncomfortable. Starfire counters that a monster bear hug isn't an attack as Jinx escapes. The robotic Titan throws a bomb at Jinx, but it unleashes flowers instead. The others capture their respective opponents as Jinx successfully manages to escape. With Cyborg's crush now clear, Robin orders a team meeting as the H.I.V.E. take advantage of the distraction to escape.
In the Titans Tower, Robin tells the Titans they're going to discuss Cyborg's crush on Jinx. Starfire reveals that the official superhero code of conduct forbids a relationship between a hero and a villain but Cyborg destroys the file. The others confront him and he tells them that he's pretending to have a crush on her much to their disbelief. He states that he's on his way to confront Jinx at Yum Yum Kitty Diner but Robin questions how he knows this information prompting Cyborg to reveal that he knows everything about her before setting off.
At the diner, Jinx looks at a menu as Cyborg takes her picture from behind the booth. She catches him and throws him on the roof to battle where she asks if he's been following her which he admits to. He gifts her a blueberry pie, her favorite desert, and she asks how he knew this fact to which he responds that he knows everything about her. Jinx comments that the answer is creepy but in a romantic way as the two kiss, electrocuting both of them. They instantly wonder how their respective teams will react and decide to keep their relationship a secret which Cyborg seals with a balloon and another shocking kiss.
At the H.I.V.E. Tower, Jinx is staring lovingly at the balloon when Gizmo walks by and asks where she got it from. She lies that she stole it from a baby and a suspicious Gizmo reluctantly accepts the answer. At the Tower, Cyborg adds another picture to his Jinx mural and sings about his love for her which is overheard by Robin, who promises to watch Cyborg closely. A few days later, Cyborg and Jinx are sharing ice cream on a park bench when Jinx wonders how long they'll be able to keep their relationship a secret. However, Gizmo and Robin show up at that moment and the two pretend to do battle over the ice cream, but the team leaders see through the ruse and take their teammate home much to Cyborg and Jinx's despair.
Gizmo attempts to cheer up a wailing Jinx at their Tower, but he states that the two can only see each other in battle and is attacked by a geyser of tears. He relents and grants them permission to date by stating he'll do everything he can. Jinx asks if he'll switch allegiance from bad to good and the team leader accepts after succumbing to Jinx's puppy dog eyes. However, she states that they can't just be good and must defeat other villains.
On a building, Jinx informs the H.I.V.E. that the police scanners are reporting a bank robbery which Gizmo notes is the same one they robbed earlier. At that moment, the Titans walk out with stolen bags of money as the H.I.V.E. confront them in shock. Cyborg tells Jinx he got the Titans to turn evil while Jinx reveals she made the H.I.V.E. crime-fighters. Robin brags that he knew things would never work out as Cyborg and Jinx begin to insult their team and their leader. Angry, Jinx yells that she never wants to see Cyborg again prompting the two teams to stop battle and leave as a result of the two finally ending their relationship. They stand in silence until Jinx suggests that this is goodbye. However, Cyborg responds that it is unless she robs the bank on another time and date, winking to suggest a date. The two reconcile their relationship with a kiss but are once again electrocuted.
Cast and characters
|Greg Cipes||Beast Boy|
- Cartoon Network aired the commercial for this episode a week earlier and advertised it as "Be Mine".
- This is because the broadcast schedule was switched at the last second.
- Instead of "Be Mine" following it's air date on February 12, 2014, this episode was released instead on the iTunes store and also resulted in iTunes releasing "Birds" due to the two's production codes set before "Be Mine".
- This episode aired with a rerun of "No Power".
- Running Gags: Gizmo described as a little kid. Whenever Cyborg and Jinx kiss, they receive an electric shock.
- Food Content: When Cyborg starts tracking Jinx, he gives her a plate of blueberry pie knowing it is her favorite. When Cyborg and Jinx were caught, they pretended to fight over a strawberry ice cream cone. When Cyborg and Jinx have an argument, Jinx states that Robin smells like celery.
- Due to being chronologically set before "Be Mine", the episode shows how Cyborg and Jinx became a couple and their relationship seemed to be going strong at the time of the Valentine's Day dance. However, they appear to have broken up by the time of the events in "In and Out".
- The postage stamp on the post card seen in Starfire's case against Cyborg is a picture of a bird that is used as a transition card in the episode "Birds".
- In Starfire's case against Cyborg's crush on Jinx, it featured a animation of Superman having a crush on Catwoman and she took the oppurtunity to attack Superman.
|The Image Gallery for Opposites may be viewed here.|
|Season one episodes|
#01 "Legendary Sandwich"
#14 "You're Fired!"
#40 "Be Mine"