|Image gallery (3)|
Cyborg shorts out when he gets wet, so the others disassemble him and dry him out. When they can't figure out how to put him back together, they upload Cyborg into the tower's main computer. He becomes drunk with power and turns the Titans' household appliances against them.
At one in the morning, Cyborg cooks popcorn in preparation for the Zompire Movie Marathon which begins in two hours. Excited, he asks the other exhausted Titans if they're as enthusiastic as he is. Beast Boy claims he is, but quickly falls asleep forcing Cyborg to slap him. The shape shifting Titan continues sleeping as he is thrown into the roof and back onto the couch, but wakes up once a stray pebble lands on his head. He angrily asks why Raven and Starfire get to sleep, but Cyborg blasts a horn at Starfire's face and sprays water at Raven to get them to wake. He warns them that he'll begin drawing mustaches if they fall asleep and demonstrates on Robin, who wakes up.
Cyborg asks why it's so easy for him to stay awake, and Starfire answers it's due to him being half a robot. He complains about the excuse and recalls a time where he tried to get the Titans to carry a jet engine, but it crushes them. The robotic Titan remarks that they should be more like him and lists his various advantages as a result of being half a robot. Beast Boy sarcastically states that they'll appreciate a mechanical body once they suffer an accident that forces them to replace several body parts. He falls asleep on a soda cup, and sucks in the beverage through his nose which he later spits onto Cyborg, causing him to short circuit.
Cyborg, electrocuted every few seconds, complains that he won't be able to clean his delicate robotic parts causing Robin to suggest that they dismantle, clean, and repair him. Cyborg refuses claiming the Titans don't know how to program a VCR. The others stare at him blankly, forcing Cyborg to explain, but they are unable to comprehend. Left without a choice, Cyborg agrees and the Titans accidentally destroy several parts while they clean him. They put him back together as a toilet which the Titans claim is how he originally looked like.
Robin claims that the Titans have tried all they can as Cyborg detaches himself from his head and claims he feels undignified like Webster - a reference the Titans are unable to understand. Cyborg explains the 80's TV series, Webster, but the Titans are still unable to comprehend. Robin suggests merging Cyborg's head with the Titan Computer which Beast Boy supports due to Cyborg's happiness as an electronic. He agrees and is screwed into the control panel. Cyborg's likeness appears on the computer and he celebrates his control over every system in Titans Tower and exclaims he's excited as the Pointer Sisters who Robin doesn't know. Cyborg begins to explain, but Robin remarks that no one cares. Cyborg exclaims that he can make everything in the tower more like him when Beast Boy spills soda onto his head and causing the computer to short-circuit.
The next day, a sleeping Beast Boy wakes up due to Cyborg playing an alarm. He transforms into several animals as a result and demands to know why Cyborg woke him up. The robotic Titan explains that Beast Boy always sleeps through the day and won't have to due to there being no snooze button on him. He plays a reveille which shoots Beast Boy out of his bed. In Raven's room, the half-demon sets meditation music to set the mood when Cyborg arrives to check up on her meditation environment. Bored, he changes the music to "Bad Girls" by Donna Summers much to Raven's displeasure.
In the shower, Robin sings the Teen Titans theme when he is joined by Cyborg causing him to cover himself. Cyborg informs that he came to adjust the water temperature as Robin's always complaining but the Boy Wonder implores him to leave. He adjusts the nozzle and the ensuing torrent shoots Robin out of the tower. In the laboratory, the Titans complain about Cyborg's interference and lack of privacy and resolve to remove his head from the panel, but the robotic Titan appears. He guesses from their guilty smiles that they're planning to remove him from the control panel but Robin begins to deny until calling the Titans into action.
Beast Boy lunges at the head, but it refuses to budge. Cyborg appears and reminds them that he controls the tower now before sending appliances to attack the Titans. A vacuum sucks in Raven as a coffeemaker splashes its contents in Beast Boy's face. The toaster fires toast at Starfire as Robin is blinded by a table lamp. He grabs the appliance and uses it to destroy the toaster, saving Starfire, who blindly shoots a piece of toast which destroys the coffeemaker. Using her magic, Raven causes the vacuum to explode. They regroup as Cyborg reflects that losing his body made him lose sight of his humanity. However, he unleashes a gas which forces the Titans into unconsciousness and maniacally laughs.
Robin wakes up and Cyborg informs that he made them apart of the tower like him. Robin's head is merged with the lamp, Beast Boy is merged with the coffeemaker, Starfire is merged with the toaster, and Raven is merged with the vacuum cleaner. Beast Boy asks if anyone would like coffee as Starfire shoots pieces of toast. Robin shows the Titans his ability to turn the light on or off with a flick of his tongue as Raven complains about the crumbs and vacuums them up.
For a full transcript of "Tower Power", click here.
Cast and characters
|Greg Cipes||Beast Boy|
- Cartoon Network advertised this episode as "Tower of Power."
- Running Gags: Beast Boy spilling soda on Cyborg. Cyborg referencing '80's culture.
- This episode aired with a rerun of "Laundry Day."
- Second time Robin is seen naked ("Laundry Day").
- Third time Cyborg's circuits are shown ("Laundry Day", "Girl's Night Out").
- Beast Boy sarcastically states that "maybe one day the Titans will benefit from an accident that requires them to replace several body parts." Ironically, Beast Boy ends up in that same situation in "Man Person."
- Through this statement, Beast Boy retcons Cyborg's flashback, depicting him as born cyborg instead of a created one as claimed in "Dog Hand."
- Batman's end credits silhouette from Batman: The Animated Series is referenced and his face briefly appears in Cyborg's scrambled monitor.
- Bane can be seen on a Wanted monitor graphic.
- A plush toy of Martian Manhunter leans by the nightstand in the tower's living room.
- There is a Catwoman clock behind Cyborg in one scene of the episode.
- A figurine of The Demon, Etrigan appears by Raven's bedside.
- The Joker and Two-Face's faces are briefly seen in Cyborg's scrambled monitor.
- Cyborg mentions some 80's classics such as: Webster, specifically the episode "Burn Out", and The Pointer Sisters and 5 other hit artists and their songs.
- "Brian's Lament" by ULTRA Squad.
- "More Than A Woman" by Bee Gees.
- "Thermos Jam" by Casey's Hat Band.
- "I'm So Excited" by The Pointer Sisters.
- "No, No" by Jelly Nex.
- "Bad Girls" by Donna Summers.
- "Nobody Got Time" by Socko.
- The song "Bad Girls" by Donna Summer is played during Raven's meditation.
- The VCR demonstration video tapes are titled Cats Don't Dance and The Iron Giant, two movies animated by Warner Bros Animation in the 1990's.
- Cyborg parodies Hal 9000 from 2001: A Space Odyssey when attempting to overtake the Tower. He even quoted the computer's famous line, "I'm sorry. I can't let you do that."
- Starfire, Robin and Raven are turned into the same appliances from this movie, The Brave Little Toaster. Robin is a lamp, Starfire is a toaster, and Raven is a vacuum cleaner.
- Cyborg unleashing the gas that causes the Titans to faint is a nod to the game, Portal, where the antagonist, GLaDoS kills everyone excluding the protagonist through the ventilation of neurotoxin gas.
- On Raven's computer, the song, "Brian's Lament" by ULTRA Squad was said to be playing, when it was really "Bad Girls" by Donna Summer.
|The Image Gallery for Tower Power may be viewed here.|
- ↑ DC Nation - Teen Titans Go! - "Tower of Power" (Clip). DC Comics (2013-07-08). Retrieved on November 12, 2013.
|Season one episodes|
#01 "Legendary Sandwich"
#14 "You're Fired!"
#40 "Be Mine"